|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Next||The Sweet Smell of Success!|
The Mammoth Mudhens are coming to town, and they are looking for the baseball stars of tomorrow. Rivalries flair when it becomes clear that there is only one contract on offer. Will it go to Bert or Cedric, and will their friendship survive?
Bert and Cedric, the Evergreen Forest's greatest teammates have long played baseball together but when the Mammoth Mudhens make only one contract available, the negative traits of competition are accentuated while Melissa tries to patch up the void.
Cyril provides Cedric with the best money can buy while Bert and Cedric meet on the field, things get pretty ugly. Finally, the contention between Bert and Cedric creates a rift which results in not only the game being lost, but the contract as well.
Therefore, we see that selfish ambition never helps anyone. The best way to win is to create a team effort, and in many instances, the only way to win.
- Broo (silent cameo)
- Delivery Ape
- Duck Snyder
- Mr. Mammoth
- The Pigs
- This is the first episode featuring Susan Roman replacing Linda Feige as Melissa, Lisa Lougheed as the main singer instead of Steve Lunt or Luba, and Hinton Animation Studios as the new animation studio replacing Atkinson-Film Arts from earlier productions.
- First and only appearance of Duck Snyder, voiced by Len Carlson.
- Second appearance of Mr. Mammoth and his assistant, also the last time we can hear Mammoth speak clearly for a brief time.
- The Evergreen Raccoons was the name of the team in The Raccoons on Ice. This time the team consists of Bert, Cedric, the Pigs, Melissa, Schaeffer and Ralph. However, Duck Snyder refers to the team as the "Evergreen Giants".
- Voices for the Umpire and a delivery ape are Nick Nichols and Rick Jones respectively.
- First time Bert calls another Sneer "Hose Nose", aside from Cyril.
- First time that any of the Pigs are referred to as "Lloyd".
- First time the Pigs refer to Cedric as "Master Cedric".
- This episode marks the second time we see Cyril pull his ears in frustration when Bert and Cedric cause their team to lose.