Things look bad for the Evergreen Standard when Cyril Sneer tries to starve them of supplies, buying up every ink and paper company he can get his hands on. But has Cyril bit off more than he can chew, in promising to pay for them using gold bullions?
- First appearance of Mr. Knox (Cyril's rival), voiced by Len Carlson.
- This is the last episode in which Linda Feige voices Melissa Raccoon. This is also the last episode animated at Atkinson Film-Arts, and to feature the original version of Run With Us performed by Steve Lunt.
- It seems that Broo now lives with Bert (whom he seems to favor as his owner), Ralph and Melissa in the Raccoondominium since the humans' departure from the series.
- This episode shows Bert's interest in magic.
- The title of this episode is a play of a period of feverish migration of workers into an area full of gold that has been going on since the 1690s to this day.
- The model of the Sneer Mobile factory seen in The Evergreen Grand Prix is seen again in this episode.
- Cedric notes that Cyril rigged the clocks of Sneer Mansion years ago to be 5 minutes slow so he could get more work out of his employees and not have to pay them for it.
- Carl Banas and Bob Dermer are both credited for voicing the Bears, but Cyril Sneer's bears do not appear in this episode.
- This episode is shown in Time Trap when Cyril goes back in time althrough that would turn out to be all a dream.