|Season 3, Episode 12|
|Previous||The Paper Chase!|
|Next||Games People Play!|
In a scam to rip some money from Cyril, an aardvark masquerading as Cedric's uncle arrives on the scene. This, of course, is a comfort to Cedric, although Bert senses something is amiss and Bert Raccoon: Ace Detective soon investigates, consulting various sources concerning Simon's "authenticity", while friction emerges between he and Cedric.
- Mr. Moleman
- The Pigs
- Sid Leech
- Simon (mentioned)
- Snag (silent cameo)
- Cyril notes that he was ten years old when he last saw Simon, who was lost at sea years ago. This gives us a perspective on when Cyril was born. If Cyril was 10 when he last saw Simon, who probably enlisted in the Navy when World War 2 started (September 1st, 1939), this means Cyril was probably born around late 1928 - early 1929. Cyril also notes that Sid Leech, an old friend of Simon's, used to always steal his candy.
- First and only appearances of Sid Leech, Mr. Moleman (both voiced by Marvin Goldhar) and Fern (voiced by Len Carlson).
- Michael Magee is credited as the voice of Snag, who is silent in this episode.
- This is the first of two episodes to feature a character's name in the title (In this case, Simon's). However, the real Simon has not appeared at all in this episode, on account of Sid Leech pretending to be Simon.
- This episode has no narration.