|The Headline Hunter!|
|Season 4, Episode 13|
|Previous||The Phantom of Sneer Mansion!|
The Headline Hunter! was episode 47.
Meanwhile, Bert and the gang recall past episodes as they prepare for the big Bachelor Auction.
The Pigs have reached their threshold with Cyril's abuse and are thinking of exacting vengeance. Thus, they call Barbara LaFrum who has a reputation for bringing tycoons to their knees. Meanwhile, Lady Baden-Baden is in need of funds for her society so she runs a bachelor auction for the forest's most eligible bachelors (amongst them are Cedric, Schaeffer, Bert, and later Cyril).
After the ruthless LaFrum shows up at Sneer Mansion to incessantly interrogate Cyril, the Pigs instantaneously feel remorse for their malevolence and try to dissuade her. Nevertheless, she remains resolute in getting the truth about Cyril and hotly pursues him. This, of course, leads him to the bachelor auction. Soon, enough funds are amassed for Lady Baden-Baden's auction while LaFrum purchases Cyril.
- The Bears
- Barbara LaFrum
- Milton Midas
- The Pigs
- Miss Primrose (non-speaking cameo)
- Sophia Tutu (non-speaking cameo)
- The last appearance of Sophia Tutu (albeit in a silent cameo).
- Barbara LaFrum was voiced by the late Barbara Frum.
- Milton Midas (voiced by Len Carlson) makes his debut.
- Posters of Woodchuck Berry and The Great Tromboni can be seen at the Blue Spruce Café.
- Flashbacks of the following can be seen - Monster Mania!, Paperback Hero!, Picture Perfect!, The Chips Are Down!, The Evergreen Express!, and The Prism of Zenda!.
- One of the Bears is named Bruno - he is one of the cooks/bakers.
- Miss Primrose makes a silent cameo at the auction.
- The little girl raccoon from The Great Escape! is Bert's date in this episode.
- This episode marks the second time we hear a song sung by Cyril Sneer, the other song he sung was The Sweet Smell Of Success.
- Cyril appears to break the fourth wall in this episode when he looks to make sure Barbara LaFrum isn't around and when he see she not, he looks up and smiles.
- We never find out if Barbara LaFrum caught up with Cyril after he escaped from the cruise and it's never revealed if Barbara LaFrum finally interviewed Cyril or if he managed a way to make her leave him alone.
- Perhaps a minor goof in this episode is that Cyril is shown swimming over to the raft that the pigs are in. Previous episodes have shown that Cyril doesn't know how to swim. He may have learned since then, but it is never said.